Phoenix Blog Posts

The best of Rails in Phoenix (part 1)

3 Likes

Guard this with your lifeā€¦ Or authenticating APIs with Guardian (complete with superfluous GIFs)

4 Likes

Deploying Phoenix Applications with Exrm

He describes how to do a live upgrade, which exrm makes as simple as ā€œmyapp upgrade 0.0.2ā€ :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Using Webpack with Phoenix and Elixir

http://matthewlehner.net/using-webpack-with-phoenix-and-elixir

3 Likes

Installing Font Awesome from NPM in Phoenix

Itā€™s easy to add Font Awesome, a free icon webfont, to Phoenix project using nothing but Brunch to do so.

PS: Thank you @AstonJ for posting my first article here and bringing me to the elixirforum.com!

3 Likes

Iā€™d recommend against the use of icon fonts. Google around for reasons why. If you like font awesome icons though, you can always use their SVG equivalent.

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! I wasnā€™t aware of how serious the issues of webfont hack are.

I think it would be most useful for the readers of the original blog post if you put this comment directly under it too (thereā€™s a comments section). Iā€™d also be able to pick the subject up there as I donā€™t want to spam this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rails asset pipeline vs Phoenix and Brunch

Both Rails and Phoenix can manage and deploy assets for you. But the approaches and solutions differ greatly.

3 Likes

Separate JS & CSS for admin panel in Phoenix

Itā€™s a common need to have separate precompiled assets for admin panel or other heavy pages. Hereā€™s how to do it.

4 Likes

Model callbacks in Phoenix, Ecto and Rails

Can you use model callbacks (after_create et al) in Phoenix just like in Rails? And more importantly, should you?

3 Likes

I wrote a blog post with Ember and Phoenix . Iā€™m still learning

Phoenix Ember Guide

6 Likes

Observing low latency in Phoenix with wrk by @sasajuric

http://theerlangelist.com/article/phoenix_latency

4 Likes

Composing and mixing Phoenix plugs

Plugs make a serial routing chain, but itā€™s very easy to mix them arbitrarily. Hereā€™s a cool backdoor example how.

3 Likes

Phoenix vs Rails: Mix and Rake tasks

Mix is an equivalent of Rake for running project tasks. But itā€™s much more than what you came to expect from Rake.

4 Likes

Front-end packages with Phoenix and Brunch

How to manage front-end assets, including their images or fonts, with a default Phoenix asset management stack?

3 Likes

Insanity with Elixir + Phoenix + PostgreSQL

DISCLAIMER: This is not a ā€œhow to build a blogā€ article. If you do what Iā€™m about to do, people will look at you funny (and probably should).

3 Likes

http://elviovicosa.com/blog/2016/07/07/6-months-with-elixir-and-phoenix.html

3 Likes

How to share Rails sessions with Phoenix

A practical guide on how to introduce Phoenix to a Rails ecosystem by letting Rails do the authentication.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Turbolinks with Phoenix

Implementing page-specific titles in Phoenix

Every website needs informative, SEO-friendly page titles that change during navigation. Hereā€™s how to have them in Phoenix.

2 Likes