What other languages interest you?

For me its:

Ruby
Elm
Crystal

and thanks to @OvermindDL1, now Bucklescript.

5 Likes

Hakell
Elm
Purescript
Ruby

1 Like

I guess you mean Haskell, hehe. Is it fairly similar to Elixir? And Elm is heavily based on it right?

Yeah… Haskell…

There are some similarities between Haskell and elixir. Functional languages, pattern matching, etc.

Haskell is static typed.

Elm has many more similarities, including similar syntax. Elm is much more approachable, by design.

2 Likes

F#
Rust
Elm
Haskell
C++

3 Likes

Not technically languages, but due to learning Elixir/Phoenix I’m now studying React/Redux (thanks to the awesome Phoenix Trello tribute, which is a great way to dive into Phoenix generally). Also checking out Elm (thanks to advice from Elixir community members in my state).

4 Likes
  • Clojure
  • Scala
  • Haskell
  • Elm
  • PureScript
2 Likes

Nice to see that all of us so far have mentioned Elm :smile:

1 Like

Currently I’m in erlang, Haskell, Java, C, and of course Elixir, while I do
enjoy Erlang and Elixir the most.

Nov 15, 2016: I just got interested in Purescript.

Links (alphabetical order):

1 Like

some interest in F# since my work is a Windows shop and our application tier is .Net… but I find it hard to embrace Windows development being a hardcore Linux guy. I know .Net is xplatform now but most of the tooling and all of my company workstations are Windows so it’s moot.

Golang - was getting started on that but have since been a little turned off. The community spends so much time arguing about what is “idiomatic Go” that I think they are stifling package development.

Elm/Purescript - functional in the browser is interesting to me. I tend to avoid front end stuff, though, so I haven’t really pursued this much.

Javascript/NodeJS - I don’t love the single event loop of JS but how can you not be impressed by the sheer breadth of packages and tooling for server side JS?

1 Like

Javascript (React, Redux, GraphQL)
Elm
Go

1 Like

Languages: Ruby (also in JRuby sauce), Crystal, Javascript, Elixir, Java, Pascal.
Frameworks: AngularJS, Ionic, Phoenix, Rails.

1 Like

I’ve heard about React. What is it exactly?

1 Like

After I have a good grasp of Elixir I’ve been thinking into getting into one of the following languages:

Haskell (had one semester of it at university and loved it)
Scala
Elm
Kotlin

1 Like

Elm Elm Elm! @sashaafm At least, that is the language I am going to learn next (and is also going to be another in the forum family - so you’ll have great place to talk about your experiences :003:)

Re React, it is a front-end Javascript framework created by Facebook. I am not a fan of JS or FB :lol:

python - first version was 2.2, using it since then
now learning elixir
interested in rust

2 Likes

c
c++
c#
Arm Assembly
R
Julia
and Elm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Elm, F#, Purescript, Haskell, LFE (Lisp Flavored Erlang), Elixir is still my favorite out of all of them. I do C# for a living but I don’t find it very interesting :smile:

1 Like

Interested in:
Scala
Elm
Haskell
Elixir
Clojure

Use at work:
Java
PHP
Javascript

1 Like

Really loving the diverse backgrounds of all our members. It’s also very encouraging to see so many of us interested in Elm :023:

Btw I have added two new fields to our profiles:

• Languages you have used
  • Languages you are interested in

As this might be handy when replying to threads (such as this one)

3 Likes