50% off on all Manning eBooks till 25 April

Today is the 46th anniversary of Earth Day, an international event that encourages intelligent use of natural resources. In that spirit, we invite you to save half on all our earth-friendly eBooks today through Monday, April 25.

Also see:
https://twitter.com/ManningBooks/status/723609827558170624

I have bought “Elixir in action” and “The Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook” :slight_smile:

Use code DOTD042216 for 50% off from any eBook.

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s on all books? I just tried buying two books and it says they’re not included in the code :frowning:

Hey! They have changed the action or it is a mistake.

I found this action in twitter and quoted the text from Manning site.

Now - there is no info about Day of Earth on link, but I can find it in search on their site:

Their Twitter also talks about Earth Day and the discount code but I just tried again and it keeps telling me the products I’ve chosen are not covered by the discount code.

May be try to write them in twitter?

Grokking Algorithms by Aditya Y. Bhargava is pretty fun; https://www.manning.com/books/grokking-algorithms

1 Like

I sent an email to they support but I’ll tweet them when I get home.

The best way to check discount on manning is to check their twitter:
https://twitter.com/ManningBooks
just add this promocode during checkout dotd042216

Yeah, exactly thats why this discussion is happening. The published code does not work…

I have just tried and it worked. But this is only for ebooks.

Shopping Cart
Item Unit Price Qty. Cost
Grokking Rx (eBook edition) - MEAP
[remove]
$39.99
$39.99
Update
Subtotal: $39.99
50% savings: -$20.00
Total: $19.99

1 Like

I’ve just tried again and it seems to be working now. Maybe a problem with timezones?

I have just tried this one - DOTD042216 - from my first purchase and it works for “The Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook”!

and

Coupon code dotd042316 only applies to certain store items. None of these items are in your shopping basket.

It works for me, so either it is really a timezone thing, or you have the printed version in your cart.

Seems that problem was that I have created link to deal of the day and there is code DOTD042316 - today deal.
And we should use yesterday code DOTD042216 to have 50% off on all books.

2 Likes

Does Prag Prog ever give discounts above 25%? I’d really like to get Programming Phoenix and Designed for Use 2E. 25% off through this forum is nice but I think Prag Prog could step it up a bit, at least when you buy 2 or more books. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure but I think I bought Programming Phoenix with 40% off during the Christmas discounts.

2 Likes

@alamba78, yes!
Next day after I have bought Programming Phoenix and Programming Elixir there was 40% off on these books!
:joy:

Ouch. LOL.

So, I’ll finish up reading Programming Elixir 1.2, Elixir in Action, The Little Elixir and OTP Guidebook, and Design for Scalability with Erlang/OTP and hope there is another 40% discount before I’m ready to move on to Learning Phoenix. :023:

1 Like

They used to have discount on “turkey day”/cyber monday day" 40%

2 Likes

Oh wow, I was hoping to get into Programming Phoenix by May.

1 Like