54) ElixirConf US 2018 – Closing Keynote – Chris McCord

This is true, actually Drab is quite mature, because it’s been born in the long discussions in this forum.

• small reads and updates of DOM (Drab.Element, Drab.Query)
  • quick access to the browser-specific attributes, like a local timezone (Drab.Browser)
  • Drab.Modal, which is IMO a killer feature as it actually hold on processing and waits for the user input
  • Drab.Waiter, which does the same but more general, without a modal
  • and, last but not least, ability to calculate using browser (exec_js(socket, "2+2"))

So after reconsideration I am going to move Drab to the v1.0, as it is just a few steps ahead, and a lot of code for this is already done. I hate wasting good code. The project will be supported (bug fixes) as long as people are using it, but no new big features will be developed by now (sorry @OvermindDL1, no token via cookie, as I want to wait to see how Chris will cover this, but we may think about building our own transport as it would be easier since phx1.4).

Then I will take a break and will see what will born as a LiveView. If, as I assume, it will be a huge success, I will give up Drab.Live and Commanders and adopt rest of the Drab features to the LiveView, using its event handler API (phx-click attributes). Which accually I like more than mine, I probably overcomplicated stuff with Commanders, but have some concerns if it can cover some cases.

21 Likes