Announcing Phoenix Phrenzy, a contest to build the best LiveView demos

They will be published after the contest:

Phase 4: The winner and bragging rights

On October 21, 12pm EDT approved apps will be listed publicly along with the votes and comments they’ve received. The app with the most votes wins.

2 Likes

@Nicd is right - the final results will be public. And I think that outsiders will benefit more from the results page, since the “best” demos (according to voters) will be at the top.

But yes, we should have made the voting page visible for anonymous users and just require login to actually vote. We’ve made a note of that in case we run this contest again in the future.

2 Likes

Do you have any plans to open source the phrenzy page itself? It could act as a good guide on building a fully LV driven page. I didn’t see any submissions that covered that use case but I imagine it would be one of the most popular things to do as someone who wants to transition a regular server rendered page into being fully powered by LV.

3 Likes

Do you mean the entire website? If so I’ll inquire with our team on what could be blocking making that repo public.

3 Likes

We talked, and I don’t think we’ll open source it this year. I was learning LiveView as I built it, I started with very early versions of LV and tried to ride along with the changes, and I built it in the time I could spare from other work - in a “phrenzy”, you might say. :wink: The code is not ideal. I’m also not 100% sure that it doesn’t have anything secret in the commit history.

I do think I may write a blog post with one or two notable things. And if we do this again, maybe we’ll have time to get from a “basically working” version to more polished code we can be proud of.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Phoenix Phrenzy winners!