Anyone running (or wanting to run) Live Dashboard in prod, I'd like to help you with custom metrics/history!

Had a great NYC Elixir Meetup last night with a lot of folks interested in the history feature (and it was a perfect presentation from @SophieDeBenedetto talking about telemety and LiveDashboard which was really great, and a great lead in to talking about it this stuff with everyone else afterards, thanks again Sophie! She shared her slides after but I’ll let her decide if she wants to share here/elsewhere in the forum).

I tried to simplify my first attempt at history for the companies repo in elixir-companies today and I think this is much closer to a workable v1, with some light logic living inside the hook for interpreting data sent from history source. Right now it’s not erroring, and the history is being stored, though something seems to have broken the JS chart receiving/updating the initial history properly, though live metrics are coming in fine… both repos are updated, so I’m taking a break but if anyone want to help me rubber duck it love to schedule some time soon! cc @fhunleth @doomspork

2 Likes