We at Marko strive to make second-hand the first choice. We will make buying and selling second hand online easy, fun and secure with our next-generation marketplace.
- Step 1 Make buying and selling second-hand an amazing experience
- Step 2 Invite everybody to join our community
- Step 3 Make it even better
Join our dynamic and driven team and help advance the economy.
Let’s make Switzerland (and later more countries…) more sustainable and less wasteful!
My name: Luca Mausberg
My position: Founder / COO
Company name: Marko Switzerland AG
Company info and history: we are using the PETAL stack and are building the whole C2C marketplace from scratch
We rallied some of the biggest brands in Switzerland behind our mission and expanding our team with key players.
About the job
System Architect/Senior Full Stack Engineer (Phoenix/Elixir)
We’re looking for an experienced superstar who enjoys working alongside our CTO and other experienced engineers and designers to quickly build and iterate on backend and frontend and help conceptualize the architecture for our secondhand marketplace.
- Build the core, user-facing product. You’ll build the product and everything behind the scenes from the ground up, having a huge and direct impact by shipping your work to users daily.
- Use modern web tech and influence the stack. We use the PETAL stack. LiveView with Alpine.js and TailwindCSS on the frontend, and Elixir/Phoenix on the backend to build a best-in-class client and infrastructure that scales. As we build out our stack, you get to make critical choices and lay the foundations.
- Create a robust and scalable backend. Build PostgreSQL database models, performant API, 3rd party integrations (payment, shipping, insurance), product analytics, transactional email, and service monitoring. We currently deploy to AWS to keep DevOps simple and will be looking for you to establish viable long-term cloud infrastructure and operations.
- Build UI components. You’ll implement basic UI with TailwindCSS and Alpine.js based on Figma mocks and our design system. You’ll collaborate with designers and frontend engineers on user-facing features powered by your backend code. We rapidly ship UI that has an amazing feel to it by polishing CSS, interaction states, and animations.
- Solve interesting technical problems. Bring your full creativity to solve super-challenging technical problems: from complex backend architecture with many 3rd party integrations, real-time product search, recommendation engine, highly scalable ecommerce platform, to nifty client-side interactions.
90-130k CHF + equity with multiple options based on your desire for ownership.
Position on remote work:
Qualifications or experience required:
Used Elixir, Phoenix & LiveView in production before. You are a strong supporter of FP and keep up diligently with the advances in the Elixir universe. Being an active member of the community would be a strong plus.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
Build the first version of the marketplace platform with the PETAL stack together with an experienced team.
About the interview process
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built, and tell us briefly why you’re interested in joining Marko.
- Get invited to short introduction interview
- Dive deeper in a technical interview and take us through some code of you
- Final interview with all the founders
Learn more at https://work-at.marko.ch or DM me if you have any questions.