At kloeckner.i we believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in thinking differently. The way we do it is by building products that are well designed, easy to use and user friendly. We build these products for the steel industry using a mixture of agile methodologies and pragmatic user centric problem solving to ensure that our parent company Klöckner & Co is the most effective player on the market.
Kloeckner.i offers you an extremely exciting mixture of a start-up and corporate atmosphere with compelling and dynamic teams right in the heart of the Berlin start-up scene. Together we digitalize the steel industry and you will actively contribute to the success of kloeckner.i!
My position: Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Company name: kleockner.i
Website: Jobs - kloeckner-i.com
Country: Germany, Berlin
Backend Developer (m/f/d)
About the job
Job title: Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Job description: Backend Developer (m/f/d) - Ausschreibung
About the role
- We are building products for external customers of Klöckner as well as internal products.
- Together with your cross-functional team colleagues you are looking into complex and challenging problems within the steel and metals industry.
- We work in an agile way to collaboratively achieve the development goals of our platform and customers.
- You collaborate with your team members and ensure high product quality (via code reviews and merge requests).
- You stay up to date with latest technologies and validate their usage within our existing tech stack.
- You identify with our values of Pragmatism, Teamwork, Playfulness and Trust.
Technologies and platforms we currently use
- Elixir (+ Phoenix), Ruby (+ Rails),
- Tools: Gitlab, Jira, Confluence, Continuous Integration
- Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes
- Interfaces: GraphQL, JSON API, RESTful APIs
- Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- You have proven working experience as a backend developer with Elixir, Erlang, Ruby, or Python.
- You have a hands-on mentality (while respecting our agile development methods), and you love sharing your knowledge and learnings with your team members.
- You have a pragmatic approach. Your analytical skills help you to distinguish the essential from the non-essential, so you can focus on what truly matters for our customers.
- You are willing to contribute to an enjoyable and outstanding engineering culture at kloeckner.i.
- You are able to communicate clearly and effectively in English.