Best way to start Mnesia in Elixir/Phoenix application

Why not just writing to a log file in the disk?

Since the first time I read the Kafka Design docs I have been fascinated with the power of directly writing to the disk, and now I have found another interesting reading:

I always have wanted to have a log of everything that occurs in my application so that I can recover in case of disaster, by replaying it, more or less like Event Sourcing but without all its overhead and complexity.

Now with this Mnesia issues, I also had though in just wrapping :ets with direct disk persistence or write another backend for Mnesia, but like you I think Mnesia is a rabbit hole, thus I think I will just try to write a simple disk log that can cope with high throughput, and then use it for wrapping :ets or has a backup of Mnesia to be used when a netsplit occurs or I lost all the data as happen to me already.

This repo may be a good starting point:

But we already have another one in Erlang that is distributed:

Eventlog seems attractive to me, because is in Elixir, thus I can easily fork it and make it work as I intend, but I may try vonnegut and adopt it if doesn’t suffer of the same issues I am seeing now with loosing data due to the way it uses cache to write to the disk.