Elixir Book Sales / Discounts / Coupons Thread

2 Likes

https://www.packtpub.com/

Every eBook. Every Video. $5

2 Likes

I hope Iā€™m not necro-threading but Manning has a sale today.

Save half on all MEAPs, eBooks, and pBooks!
Use wm031519lt at checkout.
Code expires midnight, Tuesday March 19th.

5 Likes

Elixir In Action 2e is part of todayā€™s Deal of the Day

Half off - Use code DOTD032219 at checkout

2 Likes

The Pragmatic Bookshelf:
40% OFF SALE and April First 2019 New Titles!

:003:

Save 40% on all ebooks*, audio books, and screencasts until MIDNIGHT April 3, 2019. Use coupon code aintnofool2019 when checking out.

5 Likes

Wow great titles. No I can finally convince my bank to move from their bulky and expensive servers to cheap and expendable android phones. I bet their apps would scale better too :grinning:

1 Like

TODAY ONLY! Half off all eBooks + Dig deep, share, and learn with liveBook

HALF OFF all eBooks TODAY ONLY
Use discount code wm042619lt at checkout.
Offer expires midnight tonight. Only at manning.com.

3 Likes

Confirmed. I grabbed Elixir in Action, 2nd Ed. :024:

Thanks @Cruz! :023:

1 Like

Great. BTW, we have many good books on Elixir, but to me, that one is The Book. Clear, straight to the point, and with plenty of good examples. Great pick :+1:

3 Likes

Got Elixir and Phoenix in Action, thanks for the code! Iā€™m just getting started with Phoenix/Elixir and had been looking for some resources. :smile:

3 Likes

For those who missed it:

2 Likes

MEMORIAL WEEKEND: Half off all eBooks today only! Use code WM052419

2 Likes

ā€¦ at manning.com

3 Likes

Why did you put a captcha in your checkout page? So that attackers wouldnā€™t be able to send you their credit card data? Anyway, it seems I am not human enough to order today!

Thank you for mentioning that, I forgot to mention that, thought I was already on Manningā€™s sales page. :slight_smile:

Manning deal of the day: $20 for any ebook (which is equivalent to 50% off for the two elixir books below). Today only.

Elixir in Action(2nd)
Phoenix in Action

Iā€™m currently reading the Elixir in Action ebook, and I like the explanations of how things work under the hood, for instance:

Rebinding [a variable] doesnā€™t mutate the existing memory location. It reserves new memory and reassigns the symbolic name to the new location.

NOTE: You should always keep in mind that data is immutable. Once a memory location is occupied with data, it canā€™t be modified until itā€™s released. But variables can be rebound, which makes them point to a different memory location. Thus, variables are mutable, but the data they point to is immutable.

Iā€™m also reading the Phoenix in Action ebook, and I really liked the section on Ecto changesets.

1 Like

Okay, now the deal has gotten better(?): you can get the print version and the ebook for $25. Today only.

Maybe tomorrow, theyā€™ll throw in a Macbook for $30. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome, I just picked up the print version of Elixir in Action, no Macbook today.

1 Like

Christmas in July Sale!
Happy July 24, or as the gerbils like to call it, ā€œChristmas in July!ā€ Use coupon code XMAS724 to save 40% on all ebooks, screencasts, and audio books (yes! we have audio books too!) from pragprog.com.

https://media.pragprog.com/newsletters/2019-07-24.html

3 Likes

Not sure if itā€™s only me, but when I try to get to the site, I receiveā€¦

Incomplete response received from application

Maybe too many people trying to buy something :slight_smile: