Build a Cryptocurrency Dashboard with Elixir and Phoenix LiveView

Hi @dstockdale,

I’m going to finish the final episode in the first half of September. I made and released many additional episodes in the second and third part, so it took longer to finish the course. I did my best to release (almost) everything before summer, and then I needed a brake of a few weeks :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@alvises Suggestion: add “Course” in topic title.
A month ago I was looking for new courses on elixirforum by searching “course”, and didn’t find this topic. This time I came here from home page.

2 Likes

Hey @alvises,

Thanks for the update and no pressure, just keen because I liked your content so much + it lined up with stuff I’m working on.

My compliments on very well put together course. I really like your style and I hope you continue to do more things in the future.

:pray: :+1: :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

You are right @lesykos, thank you!

@AstonJ, would it be possible to update the title prepending “Elixir and LiveView course: …” Or just “Course: …” please? :smiley:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey all!

I’ve created a BlackFriday/CyberMonday coupon to get 40% discount:
BF2021 (valid until 29/11/2021):

The course is now complete, with the final lessons on the Historical with :ets and :queues. There are many new things in LiveView, so I will probably publish some updates to fill the gaps.

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to checking this course out.

1 Like

Will purchasing include future published updates?

yes, they will be included. Instead of updating the current lessons, I think that I will make new and separate episodes. What do you think?

1 Like

Its up to you, but if you have the app already built … and produce video(s) of refactoring to take advantage of some of the changes in e.g. live_view 0.17, that may help people with existing apps.
Yes - producing new videos that show the refactor is often very helpful!

So is new content explaining other aspects that aren’t previously covered :slight_smile:

This is also going to be much easier for me.

I will publish updates (especially for outdated parts), but I don’t have any plan to introduce in this course new LiveView features, at least for now. What I’ll probably do is to explain new LV features on my blog with free articles.

1 Like

I don’t see a place to enter the coupon code…am I missing it, or did that expire?

I’m getting errors when I try to compile the code from the free LiveView course (I’m guessing due to esbuild vs npm mismatch), but I’m guessing I could still build the core application in my current environment and then convert the web app into the latest version of Phoenix/LiveView as I go, huh?

Hi, yeah it was expired by I’ve renewed it :smiley: The coupon code is ELIXIRFORUM and you’ll get 20% off.

The course foundations are still valid, but before buying it consider that some parts of the LiveView sections could be a bit outdated. If after buying it you see that’s not useful for you, just contact me and I’ll give you a refund.

2 Likes

Thank you for the discount!

The idea is that I purchase the course for the application building portion and use my training in the most recent LiveView courses to bring your frontend up-to-date.

Shouldn’t be too tough (famous last words).

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like