Can't access elixir-lang.org from my home network

This is not for the hosting, Github Pages handles that, but since it doesn’t support https with custom domains we use Cloudflare as a CDN in front to get this for free.

ah yes, it’s been a long wait for GH to finally integrate with LetsEncrypt…

Could always get a cheap simple file hosting service then as the website is just static files. :slight_smile:

Which is why it would be so trivial for me to host. I have full Let’s Encrypt integration setup and can spool up new setups with ease. Many simple file hosting services would work well for that as your Travis or so could just SFTP the files over on the git elixir-lang page push and everything just works simply and properly.

Hosting is trivial - reliable hosting is another thing altogether :lol:

I wouldn’t recommend a ‘cheap file hosting’ service tbh, from experience cheap hosting has always been unreliable and problematic. I think using Github pages is a good call :023: they’ll have built in redundancy and probably some sort of CDN to ensure smooth sailing in most cases. I would guess it’s only a matter of time before they integrate Letsencrypt…

1 Like

There are some very good ones though, you just have to do your research to pick a good one first. :slight_smile:

A lot of us have thought that for a long time now, but there has been no work on that front in years, most consider it dead currently unless some big corporation pays Github to add the feature… :frowning: