Coherence Reset password e-mail not working

Hi, everyone!

I’m working on a system using Coherence with a friend. Now we need to send the reset password e-mail.

However, despite the messages saying it was sent successfully, nothing happens in my testmail box.

My config:

config :coherence,
user_schema: my_app.User,
repo: my_app.Repo,
module: my_app,
logged_out_url: “/”,
email_from_name: “my_app”,
email_from_email: “my_email”,
opts: [:registerable, :trackable, :recoverable, :invitable, :authenticatable]

config :coherence, MyApp.Coherence.Mailer,
adapter: Swoosh.Adapters.Mailgun,
api_key: “key-#{my_key}”,
domain: “sandbox#{large_hex_hash}.mailgun.org”

We tried to use the standard option with sendgrid first and the same happened. Was created a sendgrid account and mailgun account. A test with curl worked sending email to my test email box.

What are we forgeting?

2 Likes

maybe you still need to set up phoenix to send from your desired address. Config would look like:

Emailer Settings

config :your_app, YourApp.Mailer,
adapter: Bamboo.SMTPAdapter,
server: “smtp.domain”,
port: 1025,
username: “email username”,
password: “email password”,
tls: :if_available, # can be :always or :never
ssl: false, # can be true
retries: 1

Will add more info if I recall what worked for me

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, but your configuration seems to use a custom mailer, if I understood right. We are trying to configure the coherence mailer, which seems to be fully prepared to create the e-mail and send it.

Our problem is that, even with all configuration in place exactly as shown in Coherence docs, nothing is sent. We see the e-mail created, we see all the preparation and we see that was sent successfully but nothing is really sent.

1 Like

Hi everyone. After buy a domain and put in the Coherence configuration the email was sent normally.

We needed to configure the domain in Mailgun platform too.

1 Like