Concrete examples of when to use live_patch, live_redirect, push_redirect, push_patch?

Thanks. Would you mind gisting what some of those files look like and how it’s pieced together?

My biggest struggle with LV is how to avoid having a single LV get massive in size, since I have to use patch to avoid some iframe related issues, I couldn’t figure out a way to stuff multiple tabs worth of content (each having their own CRUD interface) into a single LV and have it maintainable in the end.

In addition to that, I ended up with weirdly named route actions like foo_index, foo_show where “foo” is a CRUD’able resource, and they all belonged to the same LV.

That’s definitely a no, sorry. Maybe one day I will do a more in depth write up, but I just can’t share the project files as is.

One interesting side effect I noticed when using live_patch instead of live_redirect in a particular application I’m developing is that the vertical position of the DOM remains the same after navigating to the same page with different parameters. YMMV.

yeah - that was my experience with live_patch as well - see How to restore scroll position in live view app? for scroll workaround…

This might help: Understanding LiveView Navigation | by Sophie DeBenedetto | The Pragmatic Programmers | Medium