Configuring VSCode to use with Elixir and Phoenix Templates

As I’m learning Elixir and Phoenix, I’ve been struggling with formatting and auto-complete in Sublime Text so I thought I’d give VS Code a try and this thread is very helpful! Some updates as a new person going through things.

Came back to a project recently and found that ElixirLS is now not a fork, so removed the fork and installed the official version. Now, .html.eex files are not recognized if I use the settings above.

I found a similar thing. When looking at the extensions within VS Code, they explicitly said not to use ElixirLS Fork any longer. I’m assuming the Fork folk are in control of mainline now.

For .heex files, I searched ElixirLS Issues, where they explicitly say they do not support .heex files and to use the phoenix extension.

Then if you want Emmet functionality you will need to reference the “phoenix-heex” language as written here.

I have not figured out how to get Beautify to recognize “phoenix-heex” for HTML formatting. I assumed I could just add “phoenix-heex” or “HEEx” to the “html” list, but it hasn’t worked for me.