Deploying elixir on windows 10

Thank you for your response!

When i use your customized version of distillery (at least that’s how i understood what you did), i also end up with the error message you got:

PS C:\Users\ilosophiep\Documents\Entwicklung\Elixir\deploytest2> _build/dev/rel/deploytest2/bin/deploytest2.bat foreground

Directory: C:\Users\ilosophiep\Documents\Entwicklung\Elixir\deploytest2\_build\dev\rel\deploytest2

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
d-----        06.04.2019    09:18                var

Directory: C:\Users\ilosophiep\Documents\Entwicklung\Elixir\deploytest2\_build\dev\rel\deploytest2\var

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
d-----        06.04.2019    09:18                log
init terminating in do_boot (cannot expand $ERTS_LIB_DIR in bootfile)

Crash dump is being written to: erl_crash.dump...done
Error occurred! Unable to configure release!

You wrote

but that’s probably because I didn’t configure anything with the release

which makes me think i can fix that error myself, because i simply forgot to do some additional steps after mix release.init but before mix release? Any pointers for that, because reading through the distillery docs it seems like they instantly build the release after initializing.

I am using PowerShell Core 6, running as admin.

Running with any of the other start params (console and start) results in the same error.

Thanks again for your help!

Edit: Looking for the new error message i seem to find a few issues and posts here on the forum.

• Here, but when i delete the _build directory or remove the smart_clean.boot it still doesn’t seem to work.
  • Here, but i’m not sure i understand the “fix”. The thread makes it sound like a problem between versions? So here is the result of my elixir --version, in case that helps
So is it a problem that once it's Erlang/OTP 21 and once it's Erlang/OTP 20..?
PS C:\Users\ilosophiep\Documents\Entwicklung\Elixir\deploytest2> elixir --version
Erlang/OTP 21 [erts-10.1] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:1]

Elixir 1.8.1 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 20)