Discourse Needs Phoenix

I’ve personally not experienced such issues and I am on the forum pretty much all day.

The only times I can think you might have experienced issues (on the server itself) is when I am upgrading either the forum or docker - which requires a restart of docker or a rebuild of the forum. Discourse is actually updated quite a bit so this may be a blessing and a curse :lol:

Network issues should also be minimal as we use a decent provider - but, as I am sure you will know, some network issues will always be expected as many factors play a part. Also peak traffic may sometimes lead to ‘blips’ with frontends like HAProxy, but again I think those would be rare occurrences.

With regards to a backend for Discourse, you would need to convince the people at Discourse and I don’t think they will be open to the idea given their lead developers are Ruby experts and as far as I know, haven’t migrated to Elixir yet. Also I think many Elixir people may prefer to channel their efforts on a native Elixir forum such as FireStorm :slight_smile:

1 Like