Do you want to help to save the world with Elixir? Flexibility.no is looking for a full time developer

We are looking for a dedicated backend developer / tech lead software. This is an excellent opportunity if you are an experienced developer who wants to take a vital part of a new and promising startup and join the development of an up-and-coming product. You get a high degree of freedom and the possibility to influence the design of the product, impact the results and build and manage your team.

Flexibility is a startup founded by an experienced power trader. In 2020 are we piloting the next-generation charging software. It handles the charging of electric vehicles in a better way than state of the art solutions. You join a startup in growth. Our product is preordered and pre-paid by two big energy clients, so now we need your competence to make it to commercial success.

My name: Lars Holmefjord
My position: CEO/ Founder
Company name: Flexibility

Our product consists of a: app, backend (Elixir), dashboard for our clients and machine learning models. Norway is the most developed global market for electric vehicles, and it should also be the best location for developing our software.

Job title: full-time developer backend / head of software development

Salary range: 50-70k$ + stocks aprox. value of 10-50k$/year

Position on remote work: For the right candidate are we open for remote work +/- 4 hours from CEST, but we prefer that you work onsite from Oslo.

Qualifications or experience required:
We would like to hear from you if:

• You have a passion for programming
  • You have a solid programming background & skills to lead others
  • You want to be a programmer & Tech lead within the software
  • You are open-minded to learn new technologies, approaches and frameworks
  • You have an interest in working with platforms and in the interface between code and platforms
  • You are proficient in software development
  • Experience with Elixir and scaling software
  • Fluent English oral and written

Desirables:

• Experience with Python & data science
  • Experience with Elasticsearch
  • Experience with time-series databases
  • Experience with front-end development, React Native or Flutter
  • Interest in continuous delivery, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
  • Experience from startup / making total products

What a successful job applicant will be working on:

What will you be doing?

• You will be responsible for our system platforms & development of front and backend
  • You will be responsible for platform architecture and cybersecurity.
  • Our systems will be operational 24/7-365 - so you will always be looking for new ways to improve functional quality, efficiency and stability
  • Building a new team
  • You lead the development team and work with customers all with the common goal of evolving and making our product better.

About the interview process

1. send cv to holmefjord@flexibility.ai
  2. interview
  3. small coding task
  4. trail period of 3 months (paid)
  5. longterm contract

Further info

What do we offer?

• A place in a friendly and highly competent team with a can-do attitude
  • A direct influence of the company, product, technology and features
  • Exciting and diverse challenges every day
  • Competitive salary (20% of the company shares are allocated to early starters)
  • You can make a real green impact and reduce the CO2 footprint for more than 100.000 drivers
10 Likes

Love seeing Elixir being used in sectors like this :orange_heart:

Good luck to everyone who applies :023:

1 Like

I am one of the two developers :monkey: joining now. :upside_down_face: I think this project really can make a difference with regards to effectivizing slow charging of electrical vehicles. And with an Elixir backend we hope for a more robust and easier to develop framework. We are also going to do machine learning and optimization to find the best charging plan for thousands of EVs in Norway.

But we need more team members - and even better if you can come to work on-site. I hope there are some skilled programmers who wants to give a chance to our startup :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats!

I have often toyed with the idea of moving to Norway - but I hate the cold :lol:

Good luck to everyone who applies :023:

1 Like

If this came like 2 years ago, I would already be on my way to Norway, haha. Jeg kan også snakker noen norsk. But yeah, things changed and I gonna stay where I am and look for remote stuff.