Drab webpack problem - Uncaught ReferenceError: require is not defined

Yes, I see it! It’s amazing!
Do you create the web app totally without JS only using drab?

Basically even connect to channel to you need javascript enabled on browser. So no

right, and drab uses bunch of JS to support all the operations and so on. But does anyone use it for all FED? With no other JS framework?

Another question: is DrabNative planned? React is very useful because the web app code can be reused in ReactNative app to get a mobile app easier than ObjectiveC development. Is something like that planned for Drab?

I am currently building the app based on Drab only, without any other js framework. But there are some topics which Drab can’t cover, like animations or games.

Nope. At least I am not doing it, but you’re very welcome to contribute! Actually Drab desperately needs contributors, for bugfixes, new ideas and all the stuff.

1 Like

Yes, it is happening!

2 Likes

Thanks for invitation! I’m not yet that much knowledgeable.

1 Like

There is no better way to learn than contributing to an opensource project, IMO.

4 Likes

Nice to see your post. If that offer includes me too, I really like to contribute drab. I havent contribute any open source project yet. I believe that understand how drab works and contribute it helps me alot to become better developer.

Drab putting together different technologies. So abit complex for me. You are owner drab what do you advice me before dive in drab source code ? High level overview of drab parts, reading topics titles etc…

2 Likes

Of course everyone is invited! More brains!

Don’t worry if you find it complicated. Some parts are, but you can always start with the easier stuff, then get deeper and help refactor the core code. I could suggest few areas to work with:

• Issues: check the issues list, the ones marked with “help wanted” are waiting for you! There is one marked as “level: beginner”, should be quite easy to jump into.

• Documentation: Drab is the software for developers, so documentation is at least the same important as the code. It needs review, clarification. There are for sure many parts which are understandable for me, but not for others. Also, starting with docs would let you learn how Drab works

• Tutorial and examples: there is a page, https://tg.pl/drab, with few examples. It also could be improved, more interesting examples added. José suggested creating the example app with multiple chat rooms - maybe something like slack? - I think it is a good idea, but I never had time to do it. There is also a need to write a real beginners guide. I was even thinking about writing a complete beginners guide (with short introduction to elixir, phoenix, html and css). I want Drab to be a good way for beginners to start doing webapps without scary JS frameworks.

• Code review: Drab started as a proof of concept, and had thousands of twists in its history. There is a lot to improve with code readability. Sometime I am wondering how does it works :wink: Again, this would be a good exercise and way to learn how it works.

4 Likes

About the multi chat room tutorial, I’m doing something similar for my graduation thesis and I’m in the process or rebuilding it with drab. Would anyone be interested in a tutorial?

4 Likes

Tutorials are always nice!

1 Like

thanks it works so well and the fix is so simple… :slight_smile: