Hi everyone !
Coding a multi scraper dynamically supervised, I encountered an issue really similar to
- Child scraper are dynamically created and supervised by a dynamic supervisor.
- At some point in the processing the scraped API throws a bandwidth limit error.
- Several children crash (which is now fixed but this is not the purpose of this post)
- supervisor restart children
- the supervisor is restarted, loosing track of all started children
I ve been able to reproduce the problem on a short code snippet here:
Of course, maybe I m missing something about supervisor, but it seems that, to use the words of the original post, it can happen in real life.
If you have an idea … : )
Thanks for your time and fantastic work on elixir ! Long life to the king ! : )