Ekeko - tool that helps you save all of your favorited memes, videos and other online resources

Hey guys, I’m going to build this project publicly here and share some updates as I chip away towards my end goal.

Ekeko is a tool that helps you save all of your favorited memes, videos and other online resources. For too long sites like YouTube, Tiktok, Instagram, Twitch have purged content from their website with little warning.

Ekeko will automatically save your “liked” media, convert it to a storage friendly 720p x265 format, and tag it using AI audio transcriptions for easy search.

I revisited a very old account from my high school days and 90% of the things I remember liking are gone. Totally lost to time. I want to view the things I liked today, 15 years from now.

At some point Ekeko might even be able to broadcast a “channel” showing you things you know you enjoyed a decade ago. Great for background viewing.

Prior art: Archivebox - gigantic humongous effort however does not solve the problem I am trying to solve. ArchiveBox | 🗃 Open source self-hosted web archiving. Takes URLs/browser history/bookmarks/Pocket/Pinboard/etc., saves HTML, JS, PDFs, media, and more… - also, pretty difficult to get running as a non-technical user. I want this to be easy to run. If this becomes useful hopefully hosted version of Ekeko are offered by companies with storage and uptime.

6 Likes