Elixir and Mac OS - anyone noticed a drop in performance?

OK. I haven’t solved the problem, but I’ve isolated it.

I have a FireWire connected disk with a clean Mojave installation on it, set up with the idea of keeping some 32-bit games around. I booted from it, installed homebrew — which took forever — and the. Installed Elixir 1.9.2. No problem.

So the problem is with something on the other boot disks. All I have to do is figure out which files in that couple (or four) terabytes is causing the problem.

1 Like

Even when your problem is solved, I’ll still recommend installing older versions with asdf (as @tme_317 suggested) and finding out the exact version where this problem started.

1 Like

Alles: FWIW, the problem has gone away. Just as I didn’t know when it started, I don’t know when it ended. But I (for some forgotten reason) ran the “time elixir…” thing today and it responded immediately.

So I went to my Mac (I originally ran it remotely from my iPad) and started actually doing some stuff, and the problem did not appear.

I checked one of the other two Macs which had the problem and it is gone there as well. I don’t know whether it was fixed by a recent OS patch or whether some other app was interfering and has since been upgraded and that fixed the problem.

In any case, I’m back in the elixir business for now.

4 Likes

gremlins.

2 Likes