ProKeep is seeking a backend developer/elixir engineer for a messaging platform that is experiencing rapid growth in the construction industry. This developer will work on adding functionality to and scaling our API as well as enhancing our internal administrative application.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who wants to grow with an established startup company.
My name: Steven Brezina
My position: Engineering Manager
Company name: Prokeep
Company info and history: our backend stack consists of elixir (phoenix, graphql) and AWS services
About the job
Job title: Elixir/API Engineer
Job description: We are looking for an engineer who is excited to make significant contributions to our API and other backend systems. You will be primarily focused on systems and cloud engineering, but we are a small and highly collaborative team, so from time to time you may also take a diversion into collaborate work with our front end team or working on our internal administration app. You don’t have to be an expert with all the tools in our stack, but an interest in working on projects at all levels of the stack will be helpful as we expand the breadth of our platform. You should have strong opinions about tools and architecture, but should also be able to explain those opinions persuasively, not abrasively. You should also take pride in writing performant, logically structured, and readable code, but be pragmatic enough to realize that sometimes shipped code is better than perfect code.
Salary range: 75-100K
Position on remote work: 100% Remote
Qualifications or experience required:
- 5+ years experience working as a backend engineer.
- Experience with devops and CI/CD (ideally, GitLab) is a big plus.
- Experience with GraphQL APIs a big plus.
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang.
- Experience writing Elixir/Erlang unit tests.
- Ability to write performant SQL queries and tune as needed.
- Experience writing automated tests and following coding standards.
- Willingness to perform code reviews and refactor existing code.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team.
- Desire to collaborate with other developers and ability to communicate over various channels (email, phone, Slack, Google Hangouts, etc.)
What the successful job applicant will be working on: API, distributed queues, telephony, AWS, graphql
About the interview process
screen call, short take-home coding exercise, technical interview, interview with cofounder
This is a full-time salaried position starting immediately. You will work with the existing development team to build new features and fix bugs in our product.
This is a remote work opportunity, but you should be able to work core hours in U.S. pacific time.