Elixir Developer, Remote

Introductory paragraph

I am a Dev Manager here at Later.com and we are looking for a Senior Elixir Dev who can join the team (remote, full-time contract, open to hire) and help us build out a new service to support an upcoming product offering. This service will be a fairly simple interface with a payment provider we already use to enable our other services to create and track a specific type of transaction.

About us

My name: Jessiah Ratliff
My position: Development Manager
Company name: Later
Company info and history:
What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Six years and hundred thousand users later, we’re still going strong. Some of our core services are written in Elixir and we are looking to bring someone in on contract (open to hire) to build out an exciting new product offering.

About the job

Job title: Senior Elixir Developer
Job description: You will be working directly with myself and our product owner to prototype and then release a service that will enable our other services to create and manage a specific type of transaction via the Stripe API. We already have the ERD and system diagrams however we do not have enough capacity to take the project on internally and so we are looking for someone who can work with us to implement the prototype service and then continue to iterate until we are ready for production. My team has been working in Elixir for a while now and we are all available to support and review PRs but you would be the main person implementing the service.

Salary range: ($130/HR USD)
Position on remote work: Our entire team is remote!
Qualifications or experience required:

• 5+ years of experience working on a team and shipping code in production environments
  • Minimum 5+ years software development experience
  • Minimum 2+ years solid web app development experience
  • Experience architecting and implementing complex services from design to deployment and through maintenance
  • Experience writing test suites and CI/CD pipelines
  • Proficiency in Postgres (or other relational DBs)
  • Familiarity with OWASP best practices
  • Familiarity with Agile process

About the interview process
Candidates will have a brief interview with either myself or someone on my team, this is a contract role so no need for a full interview.

Further info
If you are interested or have questions feel free to contact me: jessiah.ratliff@later.com

7 Likes