Slab is a simple, scalable wiki that knocks down silos. It empowers teams to find the critical information they need, exactly when they need it. We are a small team of experienced developers and designers on a mission to make work easier. We’ve enjoyed substantial growth since launching, and this next year is going to be crucial for us. Every member of our team will have a massive impact.
My name: Chengyin Liu
My position: Co-founder
Company name: Slab
Country: United States
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):
Slab was started in 2016; we publicly launched in 2018. Our entire backend is built in Elixir with Ecto, Phoenix, and Absinthe. Slab is backed by top-tier investors, including Matrix Partners, CRV, and NEA.
About the job
Job title: Software Engineer
Job description: In this role, you will drive product initiatives while maintaining a high-quality standard in our codebase. You will receive input on product and design requirements, and will be responsible for transforming these design concepts into engineering reality. Our codebase is relatively small and clean, and we are always open to improving our style and practices!
Salary range: Competitive
Position on remote work: We embrace remote and flexible work arrangements.
Qualifications or experience required:
- You love delighting users by creating great product experiences
- You have experience solving complex problems within a professional software development team
- You consider multiple ways to implement a change and choose the best one based on trade-offs
- You are passionate about certain technologies and have extensive domain expertise
- You communicate with clarity and precision, whether with teammates or users
- You love to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
- You are self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- You identify with Slab’s mission and values
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
Our tech stack:
- React + Redux
- GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
- Phoenix + Elixir
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Google Compute Platform
The ideal candidate is either an expert in one part of the stack, or has a breadth of knowledge across our entire stack.
About the interview process
We generally conduct one phone screen followed by a one-day interview. For technical interviews, we work directly with candidates on practical problems the team experienced.
Read more about our values: https://slab.com/about