Elixir Engineer | Mobility Startup in Hamburg, Germany

Are you an enthusiastic Elixir Engineer looking to build the next generation of mobility apps? Then we are looking for you! It doesn’t really matter what country you are from - the company will help you relocate and will help organize your visa paperwork for Germany, if you need it. Also, the company’s language is English, so there is no need for further language proficiency.

At Wunder, our mission is to solve traffic in the world’s most gridlocked cities through carpooling. It’s an epic mission that requires a combination of technology and community. Striving for excellence in these two areas is what makes us different. To create the best experience for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for showing ownership in an environment where we value trust, impact and speed.

Please send your CV to pedro@wunder.org and I will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

About us

My name: Pedro Pereira
My position: Growth Manager
Company name: Wunder
Company website: www.wunder.org
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): Build out our back-end Elixir app in a data-driven environment.

About the job

Job title: Elixir Engineer

Job description:

• Work with our CTO and with other engineers to design & architect new products & features for the Wunder Apps.
  • Build out our back-end Elixir app in a data-driven environment.
  • Develop, ship and maintain existing features by writing methodical, maintainable code.
    Work with our UI/UX experts to extend our existing mobile apps on iOS/Android and create new, compelling experiences and features.
  • Help the company growth by creating tools to better engage with our users.

Salary range: 3.000€ - 5.000€ p/ month (gross salary)

Qualifications or experience required:

• 2+ years developing highly dynamic backend for mobile applications.
  • Solid software engineering skills in a scrum environment.
  • Knowledge of Elixir and the ability to quickly pick up new technologies & skills.
  • Good experience with HTML + Javascript, especially on mobile devices and proven work with iOS/Android apps.
  • Some experience with real-time, location-based systems would be a plus.
  • Good knowledge of PostgreSQL.
  • Experience with scaling and performance optimization of large systems.
  • Experience with React would be a plus.
  • Experience with ElasticSearch is a plus as well.

About the interview process

You will start by having a brief interview with our VP of Talent, after which you’ll be presented with a test. Depending on how you perform, you will then be interviewed by our CTO. A third interview will be conducted by our CEO. Should you pass these trials, all that’s left is welcoming you into the team :slight_smile:

Further info

Please send your CV to pedro@wunder.org and I will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

5 Likes