Paybear (https://www.paybear.io/) is a cutting-edge cryptocurrency platform working towards the creation of a global toolkit for crypto-based financial products.
We have a few thousand merchants currently using our product. With the initial version of our payment gateway already up and running, we’re now focused on incorporating new products into our growing ecosystem.
However, our work is not yet complete! We’re in need of an Elixir or Erlang Developer to apply their impressive skills towards the creation of even more amazing products at PayBear.
Our pay is competitive and the role is totally remote. Work from anywhere in the world.
- Write reusable, testable and sustainable code for Paybear products and services.
- Collaborate with and support both the DevOps and Frontend teams.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience with Elixir and/or Erlang and OTP, or 5+ years of production experience in languages and platforms such as Scala, Clojure, Python, Java and C#.
- Ability to write clean, documented, production-ready code. Sloppy coders need not apply!
- Self-motivated and comfortable as part of a fully remote team.
- Thorough knowledge of Git and Docker.
- Proven experience with MongoDB.
- Familiarity with cloud services such as Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written.
- At home in the bowels of blockchain: you understand blockchain tech on an instinctual level and have experience working with it.
- Experience with Plug, Ecto, OTP.
- Experience with Node.js.
- You’ve previously worked as part of a remote team.
- 40 hours/week.
- Open to long-term contract work.
- Time tracking
My name: Matt Hamilton
My position: Product Manager
Company name: PayBear
Country: USA (Opportunity is remote, available to anyone globally)
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): Elixir makes up the back end of our product stack. We’re also using Node.js and React in our stack.
About the job
Job title: Elixir / Erlang Developer
Job description: See above
Salary range: Competitive
Position on remote work: Remote
Qualifications or experience required: At least 1 year of hands-on experience with Elixir and/or Erlang and OTP, or 5+ years of production experience in languages and platforms such as Scala, Clojure, Python, Java and C#
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Working with a small team of developers to build out our portfolio of products.
About the interview process
Pretty straightforward. You’ll chat with our founders and our engineering lead. If they think you’re a fit, then they’ll ask you when you can start.
Please email our hiring lead with your resume at email@example.com.