I’m wondering if anyone has experience in deploying Elixir apps (Phoenix apps or otherwise) to Microsoft Azure. If so, I would love to hear about your experience.
The company where I work is heavily invested in Azure from before, so I’m trying to determine whether it would be a viable option for Elixir apps as well.
Here are some of the types of questions I have in mind:
- How did your setup look like?
- Did you use Azure Container Instances or Azure Virtual Machines?
- Did you deploy to a single node or multiple nodes?
- If multiple nodes: Did you have any issues connecting them?
- Were you using some kind of containers and orchestration, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes?
- Does Azure play well with BEAM instrumentation and debugging tools?
- Is it possible to attach to an Azure environment with Erlang’s remote shell?
- Did you experience any significant difficulties?
- Are there any noteworthy caveats or drawbacks?
Any input on such topics would be greatly appreciated.