ElixirConf in Seattle/Portland?

Anyone know if there are ever any plans to have an ElixirConf up here in the great NW anytime soon?

2 Likes

I live in Vancouver, BC and I’d definitely go to an ElixirConf in Seattle or Portland.

Personally, I’d love to see it back in Austin where it was for the first 2 years. This is the first year it is not in the organizer’s back yard. Maybe we’re premature in trying to ask what other locations are planned?

2 Likes

I also would really love to see it happen in Austin again.

1 Like

Selfishly voting for a PNW venue. Austin is a loooong motorcycle ride.

Lets not get greedy here guys. Let’s just share the wealth when it comes to the ElixirConf locations? A rotation would give those of us without travel possibility, a way to be part of that experience.

2 Likes

Why not start your own regional conference? The Elixir scene seems to be growing fast enough to support smaller local events in addition to the big ElixirConf. The venerable PNW Ruby conferences have mostly shut down and there’s an opportunity to step into that space.

I just put on the Empire City Elixir Conference (EmpEx) in New York and it was a blast - roughly 140 attendees, one day, single track. Very manageable (for the organizers) and personable (for the attendees).

1 Like