Embedded Systems Engineer [Nerves] (f/d/m) - remote - US-only

Introductory paragraph

Don’t let the “embedded” in Embedded Software Engineer scare you. Thanks to Nerves, we are first and foremost Elixir developers!

The team is headed by Frank Hunleth, the creator of Nerves. We work remotely and we play well together. We devote a portion of our efforts to growing open source projects.

We take pride in our work. Have a look at Grizzly (Z-Wave made simpler). It is a key element of our firmware stack and it is open source.

About us

My name: Jon Carstens
My position: Embedded Systems Engineer
Company name: SmartRent
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):

SmartRent is an enterprise home automation and smart building technology platform purpose built for the multifamily housing industry. Our extensive product line consists of web and mobile software for property owners and managers, residents and system installers as well as connected hardware that remotely monitors and controls smart locks, readers, gates, lights, thermostats, outlets, cameras and sensors. SmartRent streamlines operations for community staff, enhances the resident experience and provides property owners with a digital layer of asset protection.

About the job

Job title: Embedded Systems Engineer
Job description:
We are a small group of Elixir developers who use Nerves to create firmware for SmartRent devices such as Z-Wave central controllers (hubs) and access control systems.

In short, we bridge the gap between hardware and software to facilitate communication between smart devices and Smartrent Web services.

Salary range: Negotiable
Position on remote work: 100% remote
Qualifications or experience required:
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Primarily work directly with me (Jon Carstens) on access control system integrations with our own custom hardware. Think relays, inputs, and serial communications.

About the interview process

First will be a call with me. After that, you would chat with each of our team members (very casual). One session will just be you talking through your favorite projects and anything you want to highlight about yourself and coding experience.

Further info

Feel free to apply at our job posting here as well as reach out directly to me:

https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/531949

6 Likes

Very interesting opportunity, already tried Nerves and NervesHub in my project!

Sent an application via your link but it isn’t clear if you are looking for any remote developers or US-based only. :slight_smile:

Sorry about that :man_facepalming:

Unfortunately, this is US-based remote only. I’ve updated the title to reflect as well

1 Like