Hello Elixir community!
I am excited to announce the release of a new Elixir library for interacting with the Ethereum blockchain: Ethers!
Ethers is heavily inspired by the popular ethers.js library and aims to provide a comprehensive and easy-to-use solution for Elixir developers working with Ethereum smart contracts. With Ethers, you can effortlessly interact with Ethereum contracts using automatically generated Elixir modules, complete with documentation and type-specs.
Here are some of the key features that differentiate Ethers from other Ethereum Clients.
- Compile-time contract ABI to Elixir module conversion. This means it is faster in runtime and easier to use than other libraries like
- Out of the box support for standard contract interfaces such as ERC20, ERC721, ERC1155 and ERC777
- Easy contract function calling and transaction sending
- Simple log fetching and event filter creation
- Developer first experience with typespecs and generated documentation
- Portable RPC modules (Want to use a different RPC or want to add a feature to the RPC? You can swap it with your own)
Right now this is considered beta-testing release. I would encourage and also ask everybody who is interested to interact with and test Ethers. Did I mentioned that contribution is really welcomed?