ExUnit test issue when ecto_job workers running background

Hi All,

I am using ecto_job to run the delayed jobs. It is working fine., But I have trouble with my ExUnit test, which are failing.
I have configured ecto_job in the supervision tree.It is failing due to this.

def start(_type, _args) do

# List all child processes to be supervised

children = [

# Start the Ecto repository

MyApp.Repo,

# Start the Endpoint (http/https)

MyAppWeb.Endpoint,

{MyApp.JobQueue, repo: MyApp.Repo, max_demand: 100},

{Task.Supervisor, [name: MyApp.TaskSupervisor]}

]

Also I have set
use MyAppWeb.ConnCase, async: false
and have set
:ok = Ecto.Adapters.SQL.Sandbox.checkout(MyApp.Repo) in conn_case.ex.

I am getting the error

** (DBConnection.OwnershipError) cannot find ownership process for #PID<0.847.0>.

When using ownership, you must manage connections in one
of the four ways:

• By explicitly checking out a connection
  • By explicitly allowing a spawned process
  • By running the pool in shared mode
  • By using :caller option with allowed process

The first two options require every new process to explicitly
check a connection out or be allowed by calling checkout or
allow respectively.

The third option requires a {:shared, pid} mode to be set.
If using shared mode in tests, make sure your tests are not
async.

The fourth option requires [caller: pid] to be used when
checking out a connection from the pool. The caller process
should already be allowed on a connection.

If you are reading this error, it means you have not done one
of the steps above or that the owner process has crashed.

See Ecto.Adapters.SQL.Sandbox docs for more information.
(ecto_sql 3.3.3) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:609: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.raise_sql_call_error/1
(ecto_sql 3.3.3) lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex:545: Ecto.Adapters.SQL.execute/5
(ecto 3.3.2) lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex:192: Ecto.Repo.Queryable.execute/4
(ecto_job 3.0.0) lib/ecto_job/producer.ex:184: EctoJob.Producer.dispatch_jobs/2
(gen_stage 0.14.3) lib/gen_stage.ex:2103: GenStage.noreply_callback/3
(stdlib 3.11.1) gen_server.erl:637: :gen_server.try_dispatch/4
(stdlib 3.11.1) gen_server.erl:711: :gen_server.handle_msg/6
(stdlib 3.11.1) proc_lib.erl:249: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Last message: {:DOWN, #Reference<0.1630123645.3685482498.192412>, :process, #PID<0.847.0>, {%DBConnection.OwnershipError{message: “cannot find ownership process for #PID<0.847.0>.\n\nWhen using ownership, you must manage connections in one\nof the four ways:\n\n* By explicitly checking out a connection\n* By explicitly allowing a spawned process\n* By running the pool in shared mode\n* By using :caller option with allowed process\n\nThe first two options require every new process to explicitly\ncheck a connection out or be allowed by calling checkout or\nallow respectively.\n\nThe third option requires a {:shared, pid} mode to be set.\nIf using shared mode in tests, make sure your tests are not\nasync.\n\nThe fourth option requires [caller: pid] to be used when\nchecking out a connection from the pool. The caller process\nshould already be allowed on a connection.\n\nIf you are reading this error, it means you have not done one\nof the steps above or that the owner process has crashed.\n\nSee Ecto.Adapters.SQL.Sandbox docs for more information.”}, [{Ecto.Adapters.SQL, :raise_sql_call_error, 1, [file: ‘lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex’, line: 609]}, {Ecto.Adapters.SQL, :execute, 5, [file: ‘lib/ecto/adapters/sql.ex’, line: 545]}, {Ecto.Repo.Queryable, :execute, 4, [file: ‘lib/ecto/repo/queryable.ex’, line: 192]}, {EctoJob.Producer, :dispatch_jobs, 2, [file: ‘lib/ecto_job/producer.ex’, line: 184]}, {GenStage, :noreply_callback, 3, [file: ‘lib/gen_stage.ex’, line: 2103]}, {:gen_server, :try_dispatch, 4, [file: ‘gen_server.erl’, line: 637]}, {:gen_server, :handle_msg, 6, [file: ‘gen_server.erl’, line: 711]}, {:proc_lib, :init_p_do_apply, 3, [file: ‘proc_lib.erl’, line: 249]}]}}

Please help me.

My order of placing the workers in supervisor tree was wrong. After correction its working fine.

1 Like