Feature Request: LiveView Dynamic Favicon

I am very familiar with the concept; it has been a major factor in my largest projects.

Some of my projects really failed, never made it into a lib or became unneeded before publishing (Hex got a new dependency solver)

But the ones that became large always had (fair or unfair) criticism at the start. The moment the person I looked up to rejected the idea.

Releases4U
“Your website will remain small and will eventually disappear”. - The competitor when I launched my website.

After a year or so, we outgrew them. Moderators from their forum moved to ours because of the ‘nice atmosphere’ and the website became internationally known.

SuperRepo
“It’s technically impossible to create a repository containing all addons for XBMC (now Kodi red.). It’s a stupid plan and I don’t trust you” - One of the addon repo maintainers of Kodi

Actually I could, and it even had the first webbrowsable index of addons. It has run stable for many years, fully automized. It has been used by millions.

Fun fact: SuperRepo’s redirector/mirror manager is written in Elixir! Needing a highly scalable and stable redirector I ended up using Elixir and kept using it for almost every project since. The Elixir redirector formed a self healing multi-node cluster. It replaced a redirector written in Go and since has not caused any outage, memory usage is a flat low line. Too bad the ‘self healing’ was never needed in production….

Dynamic Favicons
So this one got rejected once…………

………millions playing multiplayer Doom looking a 16x16 pixels favicon😉

Conclusion
When you think you have a good idea, don’t give up easily. Just make it better.

4 Likes