Firestorm - an open source forum to be built in Phoenix!

That is actually similar to how the messaging system I built at work works. It is sorted into Groups, like IT or HR or Admissions or something, inside those are Rooms that can have a variety of attributes, some are like forum posts here, others are more like active real-time chat so it is more condensed, all are real-time over websockets and using polymer on the front-end (dynamic loading and caching as well), it runs wonderfully fast.

We had to have our own instead of using an external one so it tied in to our LDAP system, full logging, etc
 etc
 and it ended up growing to add a very useful to us set of features.

1 Like

Why did the stretch goals change? Extra 10K for the Electron app was fair. Extra 10K for “slack integration”???

It doesn’t have to be fair. Adding too many features in this stage can be pretty dangerous and frightening. Adding a “small thing” as a stretch goal makes sure you can use most of that additional funding to give you more time for the already long list of features. A good compromise between people want something extra and the developer who doesn’t want to create a too complex feature list. Sounds like a smart choice to me.

1 Like

Vue’s a great front end framework. Very happy that GitHub project exists. :slight_smile:

I have no idea (I’m not on the dev team I just posted the thread) you’d need to ask Josh.

(Electron app gets my vote tho :lol:)

2 Likes

Where can I find updates about this project?

1 Like

https://github.com/dailydrip/firestorm

3 Likes

@Markusxmr thanks for pointing me straight to the source (code) :thumbsup:

2 Likes

@digitalcraftsman You should even consider joining the #firestorm channel on https://elixir-lang.slack.com . Regular updates wrt the project are discussed there and they also share meetup related info(wrt ongoing work on the firestorm project) on that channel.

2 Likes

I was just about to ask where should I go for following the progress. Thanks for the info

2 Likes