Form with nested multiple objects

Hello folks.

I’ve got a funny template issue. Basically I want a form that returns multiple objects (the number of objects returned is undefined).

So one solution would be to retrieve something like that in serialized parameter: %{"products" => %{"101" => %{...}, "102" => %{...}, ...}} (where the numbers are the ids of products).

Right now I use a form tag with option as: :products. And inside the loop of each product, something like this for a field:

= number_input f, "#{product.id}][stock", value: product.stock

As you can see, the string "#{product.id}][stock" looks weird but it works as expected because the name attributes are generated like this : product[101][stock]

Do you see a better way for this trick?

Lol, old fashioned escaping and merging in a string parameter, I love it. ^.^

Works fine, although I’d probably make a custom number_input for that purpose or so. I’m not sure if that format is ‘set’ through versions, though I’d think it would be…

I do a lot of adding [...] and so forth to fields as well.

For note though, you might look at the inputs_for function in Phoenix.HTML.Form, for this case it should be suited I’d think without seeing the rest of your code.

2 Likes

Hello,

yes you’re right, I’ve tried to include the nested field in something like:

= inputs_for f, "#{product.id}", fn fp

And it works for the nested fields using just the attribute names as strings and without the brackets…

Cool.

1 Like