Openforce is an industry leader in enterprise software as a service (SaaS) with offices located in Phoenix and Chandler, Arizona. Passion, excellence, respect, accountability and having fun are just the beginning, we believe that our culture is at the core part of what makes us successful. We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our growing team.
My name: Derek Neighbors
My position: Chief Technology Officer
Company name: Openforce
Country: United States
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):
Openforce, formerly CMS, was formed directly from the experience of our founders operating a company that utilized independent contractors. Frustrated by administrative inefficiencies and expanding legal constraints, the team set out to build a solution that would help companies do it right.
Nearly 20 years later, entire industries are redefining conventional models of work that fall short on cost, efficiency, and meeting customer demand. Which is why from our technology platform to our superior services, we simplify everything IC to empower a world to work without limits.
Using Elixir to build software to qualify and pay independent contractors. Currently processing several billion dollars in settlement for independent contractors every year.
About the job
Job title: Full Stack Developer
You will build data solutions and distributed services for processing billions of dollars in settlements for independent contractors. Working directly on new product features, improving the quality of our software and scaling our infrastructure. Above all you will impact the way the world defines working without limits.
You’ll need to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including communication, in order to best understand the challenges of your stakeholders. You will be a forward-thinking, with a service and growth mindset. You will be great verbal and written communicator, a tactful diplomat, strong analyst and thorough problem solver.
You don’t fear accountability. You are willing to break stuff in order to go fast, but have the commitment to see things through for the best result. You embody the hacker ethos, enjoying the challenge of overcoming the seemingly impossible. You have fun solving problems and a desire to be the best at what you do.
Salary range: DOE ($120k+ )
Position on remote work: We have a few full time remote team members, but we are looking for on-site team in building our next generation of products. There is plenty of room for flexibility, but not looking for 100% remote at this time.
Qualifications or experience required:
- You have 5 or more years professional experience working in a product-driven environment
- You have at least 5 years proven experience in building web/data driven applications using a modern web stack
- You have above average skills in SQL
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access and data storage techniques
- You know how to write clean APIs in a micro services architecture
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms
- You know how to write modern, testable and maintainable code
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You have experience with solving challenges across technologies
- You have experience deploying and managing Amazon Web Services
- You have the ability to build sound relationships and clearly communicate expectations with team members and management
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You are able to occasionally sit, stand, crawl, and lift equipment up to 10 pounds
- You are adaptable and resourceful and you are able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You want to be actively involved in the local development ecosystem sharing and learning with others
- You have experience working in an agile environment, and are comfortable pushing teams to improve their ways of working
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams
- You believe that people should be able to work without limits
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- You will architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services that support billions of dollars in settlements
- You will leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- You will help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data and systems quality
- You will build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines and APIs
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will work on a cross functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
About the interview process
Step 1: Apply Online
Step 2: Perform Technical Submission (This should take less an hour or two)
Step 3: Quick (15 minute) culture fit phone screen
Step 4: In person technical interview with a few members of the team. Generally pair programming to extend submission in step 2.
Step 5: Offer Letter
Step 6: Profit
Contact email@example.com with any questions about the company or position.