My name: Manuel Kallenbach
My position: CTO
Company name: Steady
About the job
Job title: Full Stack Developer
Position on remote work: On-site initially
Our small Berlin-based team does work that matters more than ever: Steady empowers independent media makers. Steady’s membership solution allows 250+ independent publishers (online magazines, bloggers, podcasters) to earn a regular income from their audiences. Millions of people read, watch and listen to Steady-powered publications every month.
We’re growing our team now. You’ll be among the first hires and you’ll be able to shape your future workplace.
We are 8 people, so everybody makes a difference. There is close to no hierarchy and we communicate directly, but in a friendly and respectful way. Our development team currently comprises of 3 people, but together we have more than 30 years of experience in web development. We all have a background in Ruby (and Rails), but for Steady we decided to use Elixir and Phoenix. We believe in learning from each other and working as a team – we value pair programming on difficult problems. Code reviews and automated tests are part of our culture. We use agile methods. And our meeting rule is simple: if you feel like you can’t contribute to a meeting you’re in, you can leave anytime. This is not regarded as rude at Steady.
Our stack includes:
- Elixir and Phoenix
- Semaphore as CI
- Github for Code Hosting and Code Reviews
- Trello for tickets
- You believe in a free press and the power of independent media. Because these are the folks we empower with Steady.
- You have 5+ years of experience in backend languages (not necessarily Elixir) as well as common web technologies like HTML, CSS, and JS.
- You have fun working in a team.
- You speak English fluently.
- You don’t just care for your code, but for the dev process and the product as a whole.
- You work carefully, but pragmatically.
- We especially encourage you to apply if you belong to a group underrepresented in software development.
What we offer you
- You’ll get a current MacBook Pro or another computer in that class plus an ultra-widescreen monitor.
- We want you to expand your knowledge and connect, so we offer you an annual conference budget of 1,000€ you can spend on conferences and travel expenses.
- We encourage continued learning, so you’ll get a monthly free book or audiobook of your liking.
- Our air-conditioned office-space is in a historic building in the center of Prenzlauer Berg (the U2 metro and M1, M10, and 12 tram station Eberswalder Straße is nearby).
- There are 25+ restaurants with a 4+ stars rating within walking distance according to Yelp (we still use that).
- Initially, you will work on-site, but over time and contingent on the current work situation, you can take remote days.
- We make architecture decisions as a team, so your voice will be heard.
- You will get a competitive salary and participate in the Steady Employee Stock Option Program (ESOP).
Learn more about Steady: steadyHQ.com.