Full Stack Software Engineer, Chicago USA/Remote

Hi folks, I’m the Lead Software Engineer at Gearflow.com, a parts procurement platform for the construction industry. If writing Elixir full time for an early stage startup with a great business plan sounds appealing, we’d love to hear from you.

Short version: We’re small (you’d be engineer #4) but we’ve got funding, experience and momentum in a wildly lucrative market, which is eerily untouched by tech. We’re currently hiring both this product-focused position and a more senior position, but our plans are flexible when we meet the right people. Based in Chicago but the team is remote. Folks who feel underrepresented in this industry are most definitely encouraged to apply. Looking forward to hearing from you!

P.S. Here’s a bit of our recent press: CNH Industrial invests in Gearflow | Equipment World

About us

My name: Erik Cameron (erik at gearflow.com)
My position: Lead Software Engineer
Company name: Gearflow.com
Company info and history: Early stage startup, Elixir/Phoenix shop, ready to start scaling up

About the job

Job title: Full Stack Software Engineer, Marketplace
Job description:
Salary range: Competitive salary/benefits/equity DOQ
Position on remote work: For sure, no problem
Qualifications or experience required: 2+ years full stack development
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Working directly with the founders, the other engineers and myself to grow Gearflow into the largest catalog of heavy equipment parts in the history of humanity

About the interview process

Phone interviews with founders and current engineering team members, (myself and two other senior engineers) code sample and/or live coding session. We don’t do coding tests, algorithm karaoke, etc. If you’ve got a creative way to show what you bring to the table, lay it on us.

Further info

More about the company and our open positions here:

5 Likes