General Technology News

I’ve never owned a locked-down ecosystem phone as of yet (even pre-android I ‘rooted’ the heck out of my Windows Mobile phones!) but that’s how I’ve always heard and understood it is that jailbreaking opens the phone up to all access and rooting opens the root filesystem for its unbounded access. I’m not certain though, heck the terms may not even have ‘proper’ definitions for all I know… ^.^;

1 Like

I’m surprised they (and other large companies) haven’t operated such a policy for a while. Companies like these must suffer huge leaks through rouge ‘agents’ :lol:

1 Like

Running partner, anyone?

Wouldn’t mind one just to carry my bag, water, food, laptop, etc - up the mountains here :lol:

2 Likes

Samsung Galaxy Fold - phone tablet!

$2K so not cheap!

1 Like

This could be interesting! Maybe finally a phone that breaks the mould?

Edit:

Update from Gizmodo:

[Update 12:40 PM] A spokesperson for ByteDance disputed the idea that this will be an official “TikTok phone.” Here is ByteDance’s official statement:

Reports of our smartphone development strictly refer to a continuation of plans that were in place before ByteDance began working with Smartisan. The product has no connection with TikTok and the focus is on meeting the needs of Smartisan’s existing customer base.

Featuring hand gestures…

1 Like

Google says an advanced computer has achieved “quantum supremacy” for the first time, surpassing the performance of conventional devices.

The technology giant’s Sycamore quantum processor was able to perform a specific task in 200 seconds that would take the world’s best supercomputers 10,000 years to complete.

Although IBM later said:

We argue that an ideal simulation of the same task can be performed on a classical system in 2.5 days and with far greater fidelity

Still, quantum computing is an interesting field.

CC/ @Qqwy who is currently doing a Quantum Physics university course :003:

2 Likes

Their video:

1 Like