Hardware considerations for development

If you’re comfortable with Linux on the CLI then I’d highly recommend looking at using the iPad as a client for remote dev environments as detailed here. It’s still my favourite way to work and I get the benefits of a simple and polished OS for things like email, web browsing and photo editing. Would 100% recommend it!

I think that’s really our conclusion here.

Exact reason I went X570 motherboard instead of B450.

Not to mention how the OS uses those monitors to their best. The way they handle HDR content in parts of the display is a game changer. Much better than HDR on Windows which is kind of a mess.

Ah, not all UltraSharps are alike. I bought the UP2718Q which is a 27" 4K monitor with local-array dimming and great colour-coverage/accuracy. It costs around $1500 depending on deals, whereas the U2718Q (note: the missing “P”) is a 27" 4K monitor without the goodies and costs a lot less (~$500). I read so many reviews that confused the two which explained why some people thought it was great and others average. Stupid naming from Dell…

I’ll look at the HPs as I still need a new monitor, but decided to put it on the backburner for now.

1 Like