Have you moved away from elixir? If so, why?

I know that this reply that I am writing can be seen as another example of frustrating, but regarding configurations, we have had many discussions here in this forum about ways to improve configuration as well as official proposals. We have written library guidelines to reduce the abuse. We have deprecated system tuples in the major libraries (ecto, phoenix, etc). We are discussing alternatives with OTP and so on.

And even if what distillery provides is not enough, it is progress. I believe this is not a trivial problem to solve, otherwise we would already have seen a satisfactory solution. And as far as I know it is not a problem solved in Erlang either (not that it matters, but just to add that it is not trivial).

So seeing the config debate being used as an example is actually a bit frustrating to me :slight_smile: because a good amount of work has been put into this and we are trying to push folks to the correct direction (unless you mean that folks have been stubborn despite all of the work described above and then I’d also agree: it is definitely frustrating - but also understandable as we pushed folks towards those wrong solutions for a good chunk of time).

Which is funny because in my experience k8s makes it easier to setup distributed Elixir as it automates the node discovery/connections. :slight_smile:

23 Likes