Hello Elixir World (Introductions thread)

Hi, I’m Jacopo.
I’m learning Elixir and Phoenix just to try something new and different from usual.
In uni I had to use SML, and I hated it (I think because of my professor) but I’m liking Elixir so far!

5 Likes

Hello. I am (still) Ed Drain, I’m from California, Japan, Virginia, South Carolina, Oklahoma, China, Germany, France, Afghanistan, and finally Washington (state).

4 Likes

Hi, i am sushil from london (uk). Work as a CTO in a small company. Building something beautiful using liveview.

6 Likes

Hi, Herman here from Antwerp in Belgium.

I fell in love with elixir back in 2015, it runs my businesses, Octarion and GratWiFi.

I have been around this forum for years but only just now came across this topic.

So hi from the land of beers and good food.

Herman

8 Likes

I am Andrea, currently living in Singapore.

8 Likes

Hi, I’m @ausimian from Sydney, Australia.

I was a long-time admirer of Erlang going back over 20 years, but really got into Elixir about 5 years ago. I’ve had a bifurcated career split between low-level device-side software; I was a Principal Engineer on Microsoft Hololens (if anyone remembers that), and server-side software (HFT, FPGA-based trading, real-time risk). I’m the author of a few libraries including castle and exmobiledevice. Nowadays, I’m lucky enough to do Elixir full-time (we’re hiring - pm me if you’re in Australia) and am normally lurking on this forum.

Hello!

5 Likes

Hey @AstonJ,

I am Steve and I am from California, USA. I am a seasoned DevOps Engineer with over a decade of experience in tech industry.

Beyond work, I appreciate open air exercises like climbing and cycling, which not only rejuvenate my mind but also inspire creative solutions to technical challenges.

I believe in work-life balance and advocates for mental well-being within teams, recognizing the importance of a supportive and inclusive work culture.

Thanks,
Steve

4 Likes

Hello, Badger here, I’m messing around with Nerves for little Raspberry Pi toy projects.

5 Likes

Hi there. I’m Jaron, an SRE from Melbourne AU. I’ve been interested in Erlang and Elixir for many many years, however haven’t really ever built anything beyond a small uni project using Phoenix. The recent release of Ash 3.0 has sparked some motivation for me to get back in and play around with it all again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jake from Denver :slight_smile:

2 Likes