Help understanding dialyzer output of: "The call ... will never return since it differs in the 1st argument from the success typing arguments"

Indeed, it would definitely need to be a new tool, but could be quite awesome, I wish I had the time for it as it’s one I’ve wanted to make for a long while. ^.^

1 Like

I have been using dialyzer integrated into vscode via Elixir-LS and I really like it. Since it is always checking code I find that it is very helpful and less likely to get a bunch of hard to understand warnings/errors if I ran dialyzer after coding a lot.

1 Like

Same here. Mostly I think if you use it from the beginning you’re always reminded to keep it neat. I started using VS Code in the middle of working on a side project that was already underway for some time (before I got involved) and was bombarded with warnings that just came from undisciplined changes without dialyzing, etc…

It’s too easy to fall behind when you have to do something manually and I think everyone who’s used dialyzer has gotten like 2 screens full of trash thrown at them and it’s easy to become conditioned into not using it because of that. ElixirLS says “We’ll do this little by little together and I’m sure it will be fine in the end” and I like that a lot. It’s more akin to using statically typed languages.

5 Likes