Hiring Senior Dev to help teach OTP and finish MVP

Introductory paragraph

Hello! My name is Joe and I am a veteran trying to learn Elixir. I started learning how to develop applications when I was on a deployment overseas and ended up working with RoR. Since then, I have built a couple of production apps with Rails, but I want to shift my focus more towards Elixir. My main focus is on education and really building as solid of a foundation as I can because I want to start my own freelance business.

About the job

I am building a MVP for a bot/web scraper that the user interacts through Telegram. The application interacts with a third-party site that does not allow access via an API and it utilizes Hound to interact with the sites it’s scraping. Some of the challenges that I need to overcome is handling lots of users running the bot concurrently and securely handling data.

I want to open a freelance shop where I live. I spent a few weeks teaching myself Elixir through books and online resources before starting this app. I started the app to use as a learning tool because it’s one of the best ways to learn a language. I want to find someone who can pair with me and complete the MVP. Someone with experience making a living off of freelancing is a huge plus, but not required.

In total I would estimate about 8-12 hours of work time.

About the interview process

Send me a few sentences about your background and your rate. Please include any links to work you have done or a personal site/portfolio. Written communication is preferred, but have no problem with voice calls/skype/hangouts.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

2 Likes