How do you call a wrapper script needed for Port.new when priv folder is unavailable?

I am trying to get Wallaby to run inside of an escript, but it depends on a small wrapper script (run_phantom.js) that lives in the priv folder and is not bundled when my app is built as an escript. My understanding is this run_phantom.sh wrapper script is critical because it protects against the phantomjs becoming a zombie process.

run_phantom.sh is currently being started by Port.open/2 with the following code.

def init(_) do
    port = find_available_port()
    local_storage = tmp_local_storage()

Port.open({:spawn_executable, String.to_charlist(script_path())},
      [:binary, :stream, :use_stdio, :exit_status, args: script_args(port, local_storage)])

{:ok, %{running: false, awaiting_url: [], base_url: "http://localhost:#{port}/", local_storage: local_storage}}
  end

def script_args(port, local_storage) do
    [
      phantomjs_path(),
      "--webdriver=#{port}",
      "--local-storage-path=#{local_storage}"
    ] ++ args()
  end

defp script_path do
    Path.absname("priv/run_phantom.sh", Application.app_dir(:wallaby))
  end

However, since I can’t access the priv folder from an escript, I thought I might save the script contents into a module variable like this:

@external_resource "priv/run_phantom.sh"
@run_phantom_contents File.read! "priv/run_phantom.sh"

Since the original command was run like ./priv/run_phantom.sh phantom --webdriver=4444, what would be the equivalent command if the contents of the wrapper script was saved in @run_phantom_contents? I tried using eval but it’s a shell command and not an executable so it doesn’t seem like it’s compatible with Port.open/2.