How is the entrepreneurial spirit on Elixir Forum?

What is your view on that Mark Cuban start up CostPlus? I don’t know it in detail but I’ve heard it mention here and there.

Is that anywhere close to what you had in mind?

What’s your intuition about what technical path is most likely to get us to AI?

This is so interesting to me. Sad reality but a solvable problem, I’d say. Whether it is moderation, UI or something else.

Robotics, and hear me out here – game bots. Games can pose significant challenges for cognitive abilities (depending on the game obviously). But it always seemed to me that if I can make a bot that can do the same 10+ games I played in the last years then I would have solved intelligence at least on the level of, say, a small bird.

It’s too long a topic though… Huge.

1 Like

It really is not a solvable problem IMO; you have to have more mods than users…

Mark Cuban should rot in jail but that too is a huge topic in itself. :003:

That being said, CostPlus is a good idea… at least in the USA and it’s world-famous for having cut-throat medical services.

So yes, really nice idea, hopefully it takes off and sticks around for long enough for others to notice.

1 Like

Seen this interview with Marc Raibert from Boston Dynamics?

Is the drive to build new stuff mostly directed at new technical things, you think? I am not familiar enough with all the projects that originated from within the Elixir community to make an estimate myself.

Elixir inviting the “extension” of the language in itself opens the door to new technical developments, you might say. I remember José mention the extensibility at multiple occasions.

I am also interested in the non-technical side of entrepreneurship. So not just building new tools but also the drive to use those tools to accomplish some goal, like helping a community or improving education (etc).

1 Like