How to have latest version of Elixir in Windows

Been there, done that. There is a fair amount of documented friction running Elixir on Windows - but you can search the forum and make your own opinions about it. IMHO the current experience on *NIX is far better and if you don’t have to target Windows, just use WSL instead.

BTW: The question didn’t imply he wanted to compile/ release just for Windows. So I think since WSL is part of Windows tooling it’s in fact a valid answer.

Are you doing Phoenix? What are your constraints on compiling a release for Windows if I may ask?

Another option could be reevaluating Docker if you just want to run your code without caring about the platform’s limitations. But this depends on what you need, if it’s an application that you’ll have to deploy constantly or if its just a one-off thing.

PS.: I used to use Chocolatey, the maintainer of the Elixir package was looking into adding a CI to generate releases dynamically but I don’t know what’s the status on that. If this is important to you, check with him if you can help.