How to use mnesia and mnesiac libraries?

First attempt, dialyzer complains:

lib/node_state.ex:5:unknown_function
Function :mnesia.add_table_copy/3 does not exist.
________________________________________________________________________________
lib/node_state.ex:5:unknown_function
Function :mnesia.create_table/2 does not exist.
________________________________________________________________________________
lib/node_state.ex:35:unknown_function
Function :mnesia.transaction/1 does not exist.
lib/node_state.ex:36:unknown_function
Function :mnesia.write/1 does not exist.
lib/node_state.ex:45:unknown_function
Function :mnesia.transaction/1 does not exist.
lib/node_state.ex:46:unknown_function
Function :mnesia.read/1 does not exist.

OK, fair enough, so need to add :mnesia to extra_applications in `mix.exs. Now dialyzer is happy. But release is sad:

** (Mix) :mnesia is listed both as a regular application and as an included application

So it it seems to be getting confused now that both mnesiac and my app require this :mnesia.

OK, so how do I find this?

If I add {:mnesia, :optional} to extra_applications that seems to solve both problems. But seems wrong. - mnesia is not optional.

Alternatively if there is a good guide anyway on how to get mnesia working with libcluster on a Kubernetes cluster?

Supposedly this is what mnesiac is suppose to do. But it looks like it isn’t finding the other nodes in the cluster.

(Yes, I know libcluster itself is working fine)