ibGib - a different approach to code and data

ibGib v0.1.0 is up on the interwebs! :globe_with_meridians: :tada:

Right now, the ibGib web app can act as an innovative way of keeping track of notes. It works both on desktop browsers, as well as mobile devices. You can check it out at www.ibgib.com.

Current Features

• :vulcan: Fork ibGib
    • Acts like a “create new”, but includes a timeline and identity much like version control, e.g. fork in git
  • :id: Authenticate with multiple email addresses
  • :link: :link: Add links
  • :left_speech_bubble: Add notes/comments
  • :frame_photo: Upload pictures (must be authenticated with an email address)

Walkthrus and Wiki

It’s only 0.1.0…

There are a ton of issues that I have prepared for going forward. But even still, it was surprisingly easy to use for the WaffleGib walkthru. You can check out the actual end product in the ibGib web app here, but you’ll first have to read the privacy (or lack thereof) caution first. I don’t have it setup just yet to automatically redirect after this interstitial step, but I’m workin’ on it! :construction: :wink: Once you’re there, you can click on individual any node and navigate to it, using the :recycle: refresh button to go to the latest version, etc. Think of it as a visual entity git-timeline explorer :earth_americas:

Distillery + Docker + AWS Deployment Journal

I also wanted to mention that I kept a journal of my entire deployment process which you can find in my 0.1.0 deploy github issue. I’ve been reading up for quite awhile on deployment techniques, but this issue chronicles my entire journey over the last week or two when deploying. There is a TL;DR Summary as well.

P.S. @AstonJ Would it be possible to turn my first post into a wiki where I could place this stuff? I had originally started it as looking for people interested in joining, but now I’d definitely rather put this kind of information there if that’s all right!

4 Likes