Interested in learning more about Elixir from its creator?

Join eSynergy Solutions for our upcoming webinar ‘Idioms for building distributed fault-tolerant applications with José Valim from Elixir’ for an introduction to Elixir, the underlying Erlang VM and how Elixir introduced a completely new vocabulary which shapes how developers design and build concurrent distributed and fault-tolerant applications.

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8967112534642913795?source=F

3 Likes

Will this be made available for viewing later? I’d love to see the presentation but can’t make the time.

6 Likes

Hi @terakilobyte - the recording was made available online here, with the title “Introuction to Elixir with José Valim”.

I have just started this recoding, but so far it seems similar to Jose’s talk Lamba Days 2016. Tough to over-sell the Lambda Days talk.

5 Likes

The person who recorded the demo for Lambda Days really messed up (the camera was pointed at Jose, not the demo).

Hah - completely agree, but s/he probably had directions to keep the camera on Jose, since they’d later splice in the slides. It is still a very informative talk.

2 Likes

The video wasn’t bad at all, but I found the sound quality to be pretty distracting.

However, beggars can’t be choosers!

2 Likes